Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update on the Situation at 606

The mods have now taken it upon themselves to hide the back-up thread linking to this on 606.

However, I recieved an email, well, the same email SIX times (probably something the BBC should look into) saying the posting was removed for containing an email address. I suppose that's site policy and is actually fair enough, I should apologise for my harsh words earlier. I'll edit the article to no longer contain the address and it should be restored. Hopefully. If it isn't I'll just re-create it without the address.

UPDATE: They've found a new reason. Discussing 606 accounts or moderation on 606 is apparently forbidden, an interesting metaphysical quandry. Since the article itself can be presented to directly mention neither, I'll try one more edit before I repost.

UPDATE 2: Apparently now the article "advertises for profit or gain", which is not allowed. Well, I call bullshit on that one. I don't make money out of this, though I wish I could. This is abuse by the mods, plain and simple and I retract the above apology. Now they are just sraping the barrel to excuse their protecting of the WUMs. Reposting will occur this afternoon, and then the ball is in their court, so come what may.

No comments: