Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Never Said That

Taken from a thread by yours truly about Arsenal's surprise move for Silvestre.

"Silvestre's rubbish thanks for taking him off us. Better than Clichy I suppose."

- hateglazer, 9.10pm

"Clichy is one of the top 3 left backs in the premiership

Not as good as Evra though is he"

- hateglazer, 9.27pm


I'm sceptical about the signing, although it seems a lot of people disagree with me. But notice how I don't do an embarrassingly quick volte-face when I realise popular opinion is against me? Yeah, hateglazer hasn't learnt that trick yet. All he wants is to be popular, guys! What a plastic.

1 comment:

flipsix3 said...

So let's see if I've got this straight - he doesn't mind Silvestre going to Arsenal, as he's not that good.

He is, however, better than Clichy - who is "one of the top 3 leftbacks in the Premiership but not as good as Evra"

So if my maths is right, he's happy to sell the second best left-back in the Prem to Arsenal - giving them the second and third best (presumably praying that Evra stays fit). Either that, or he concedes that Silvestre is, in fact the best in the Prem, but that they can make do with the second best (Evra)?

My head hurts!