Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's all About Me, Me, Me

Thanks to 13 league titles to 2 for sending me in this one. At first it seems like a sensible Spurs fan accepting that a top four finish is not realistic this season. However, it's downhill all the way from there...

"As I lose hope in Spurs breaching the top 4 once again, I have begun thinking that there should be Champions League qualification places for the top 6 clubs in our league."

- Mortdog

Of course! Because UEFA's primary concern should be working on finding ways to get Spurs into the Champions League. Also, I'd bet any amount of money that if pigs flew and this happened, Spurs would finish 7th.

"Seeing Anorthosis Famagusta in this years group stage after we demolished them 6-1 at WHL last year has annoyed me that THFC can't perform on this stage."

- Mortdog

Dirty Cypriots! It's not like they qualified for it or anything. Olympiacos just rolled over and let them win, just to spite Spurs. Can't trust those Greeks. Eyes to close together and all. And Cyprus is basically Greece. Coincidence? I think not! You couldn't make it up!

"Together with English teams making up 3/4 of the CL semi-finalists last year, and our 5-0 mauling of Roma in pre-season, it is clear that a wider range of English teams can compete with Europe's best."

- Mortdog

So, let me get this straight. Other teams being good and the result of one pre-season friendly means Spurs are automatically good too? What?

1 comment:

Acecoollo said...

I agree there should be an equal number of teams in each country.